Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This might be the week we get to peek through the May gray and enjoy the sunshine LA is so famous for!

As summer approaches, I hear friends and relatives from around making plans to come vacation in Southern California and I am reminded that we live not only in one of the largest business hubs in the country-but a vacation spot as well. 

My New Year's resolution was to see 30% more sunsets than I did last year. Seems silly and a little trite- but I think it is a good reminder for me to take a moment and really enjoy what brought me to this wonderful city. 

An agent in my office was showing his property in Malibu to some potential Buyers this week and was treated to an enormous surprise! As they gazed through the floor to ceiling windows out at the ocean, they spotted two whales were playing right outside! The beauty and (forgive the flowery terms) majesty of these creatures was  unbelievable. To have the ability to see whales out your window in your own home- there is no denying we are truly fortunate to live here. 

So rather than taking a moment this week to complete a chore or household duty- take a minute to walk to the pier in Santa Monica, enjoy the canals in Venice, have a picnic in Malibu or go enjoy the Observatory. 

We live in one of the most beautiful and vibrant places in the country- let's enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment